skip to Main Content

How can you get free health care for your physical conditions?

Helpline 800-503-6897

Where can you find mental health counseling for adults and children?

Georgia Crisis and Access Line Call 800-715-4225


Where can you find substance abuse treatment or support? 1 888-501-8982 800-662-HELP (4357)

800-487-4889 (TDD), 877-767-8432 (Spanish)
Alcohol Anonymous in Atlanta: 404-525-3178
Narcotics Anonymous:

What kind of community resources and support exists for special needs toddlers, children and youth?

What types of health insurance exist for children?

Are you homeless? 877-424-3838

Are you a veteran?

Assistance Line: 800-827-1000; Combat Call Center 877-WAR-VETS (24 hrs.)
Recovery Program for Military Sexual Trauma 404-321-6111, ext. 6958 800-273-TALK (8255) (24 hrs.)

How can you learn more about your medical conditions?

How can you learn more about mental conditions and support groups?

What type of Medicaid insurance do you receive with SSI benefits? 800-231-0979

What type of Medicare insurance do you receive with SSDI benefits? 800-633-422

How can you contact your Congressperson about moving your disability case faster?

Where is the official site for the Social Security Administration?

Do you need housing and have some income?

Are you tired of waiting at a DFCS office to apply for public benefits?

Call the Atlanta Food Bank  at 404-892-3333, ext. 1 for pre-screening of public benefits eligibility. Or you can apply online at


Connect with Kathleen Flynn

. . . and find out more about what we do.

Find us on
Join our network on Linked In
Be our fan on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Back To Top